History & The Club

        

Boonah Golf Club was founded in 1928 on ground which is now the sports fields adjacent to town.  In 1953 the course moved further out to hilly land on the main road from Ipswich (opposite the Boonah Valley Motel).  In 1988 our club moved to its present site.

The Club is affiliated with Moreton District Golf Association. Boonah Golf Club enjoys reciprocity with the following golf clubs: Blackwater, Stanthorpe, Toowoomba City, Logan City, Beaudesert, Murwillumbah, Kilcoy, Warwick, Jindalee and most other clubs in the district.

Life members

M Tow (dec), Mrs W Tutt (dec), TH Lennon (dec), T Kuhnemann (dec),
Mrs JF Ebenston (dec), K Bruckner (dec), JF Ebenston (dec),
J Maynard (dec), E Cossart (dec), K Bartholomew (dec), B Somerville, V Burnell (dec.), C Grant (dec),
S McCullough (dec), S Pfeffer (dec), JB Wilson (dec), D Wall, G Philp, M Gnech, Dr D Yeates.

Office Bearers and Committee 2021

Patron: Mr Ron Scells  & Frank Reid
President:  Rob Brooks
Secretary:  TBA
Treasurer:  Jenny Briant
Vice President: Wayne Hall
Captain: Jeff Browning
Vice Captain:  Mike Gnech
Head of House:    Simon Fahey
Head of Greens & Grounds:   Wayne Bird
Handicapper: Gordy Philp & Dot Wall
Manager: Elania Wrigley (acting)
Greenkeeper:  Cameron Crepin

Lady Members Committee Office Bearers 2021

Patroness:  Jan Baulch
President:   Kris Cook
Secretary: Vicki Bird
Captain:  Ellen Meagher
Vice Captain:   Juleen Sippel
Handicap Mananger: Dot Wall